Poster and Rapid Oral Submissions for the 2021 Global Virtual Conference are now open!
General Requirements for All Submissions:
- Presentations are solely education based. The use of any advertising, trade names, or product-group message association is prohibited; this rule will be strictly enforced.
- Speakers are limited to no more than two (2) speaking roles in the Conference (Keynote lecture, Parallel Symposia and Brainstorming Sessions).
- Speakers and Chairs who have their session accepted will be eligible for a reduced registration fee. Regrettably, no financial assistance can be provided for travel or other expenses. Please note that a Chair can also double as a speaker.
poster & rapid oral presentations | Deadline: March 3, 2021
DEADLINE: March 3, 2021
- Authors can submit abstract preferences for oral or poster presentation, but the scientific committee retains the final decision to choose the presentation format.
- Rapid Oral Communications are brief, 15-minute maximum, presentations that address recent developments in the field.
- Poster presenters, once accepted, will be highly encouraged to submit a voice-over presentation along with their visual poster for the Conference.
- Read more…
parallel symposia | DEADLINE PASSED
Finalize and Submit Proposed Sessions for Symposia, Brainstorming/Debate Sessions, & Conference Courses
- A Parallel Symposium is a moderately formal 1-hour session and includes 2 or 3 Presenters and 1 Chair who can also double as a speaker.
- Most symposia will be pre-recorded and made available to attendees on demand during the conference. A limited number of symposia will be selected to be presented live during the conference dates (May 13-15, 2021). Please indicate in your submission if you are available for a live presentation. Symposia that are accepted and not presented live will be recorded between March 15- April 15.
- Each Symposium should ideally be structured to incorporate speaker discussion; for example: A short introduction of a few minutes, 2-3 presentations of 15-20 minutes followed by 15 minutes for discussion among presenters and, if live, the audience, and concluding remarks from the Chair.
- Read more…
Brainstorming/ Debate Sessions | DEADLINE PASSED
Finalize & Submit Proposed Sessions for Symposia, Brainstorming/Debate Sessions, & Conference Courses
- Brainstorming/Debate sessions will be presented LIVE during the 2021 Annual Conference from May 13-15, 2021.
- This is a 60-minute interactive session and includes (2) speakers and (1) chair who can double as a speaker
- A Brainstorming/Debate session should be structured to incorporate ample audience discussion/ participation, e.g. we strongly encourage a short introduction of a few minutes, two presentations of 15-20 minutes reserving the remainder of the hour for fulsome discussion. Alternatively, it can be organized as a debate and moderated by the Chair.
- Read more…
CONFERENCE COURSES | DEADLINE PASSED
Finalize & Submit Proposed Sessions for Symposia, Brainstorming/Debate Sessions, Conference Courses
- Conference courses provide the opportunity for more intensive interactive learning opportunities and will therefore be LIVE events.
- Courses will be scheduled over the days of the meeting and will last 2 hours (120 minutes) each, including presentations that incorporate or alternate with interactive elements.
- A maximum of 4 speakers, including the Chair, will be eligible for a reduced registration fee; a Chair may double as a speaker.
- We encourage speakers to consider designing your session with state-of-the-art teaching strategies, such as pre- and post- course quizzes, clinical scenarios and vignettes.
- Read more…